Spectacular skiing and top-notch winter activities all across Ontario.
You don’t have to wait until spring to explore our parks again just because the snowflakes start flying. From spectacular skiing to skating through the forest, snowshoeing, and everything in between, Ontario Parks’ winter experiences are every bit as varied and thrilling as in the summer.
Ontario Parks Ski Report
Keep up with ski trail conditions. The report includes trail and snow conditions, distances and amenities in each park.
Winter Seasonal Vehicle Permit
Frequent winter visitor? Consider picking up a seasonal permit so you can explore as much as you’d like.
Some of the season’s highlights include:
- Over 450km of Cross-country all across Ontario. Many parks have warm-up shelters with wood fires and even hot chocolate to warm you up!
- Some of the best snowshoeing in Ontario.
- Unique skating trails through the forest at Arrowhead and MacGregor Point and large outdoor rinks at Algonquin (Mew Lake) and Pinery.
- Tobogganing, ice fishing, winter disc golf, fatbiking, and many other winter activities.
- Skate, snowshoe, ski, and even ice fishing rentals offered in several parks for guests who don’t own their own equipment.
- Cozy overnight accommodations in cabins and yurts at 10 parks.