2022 Operating Dates
To see 2023 operating dates please view full parks listing.
|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.)||Opening and Closing|
|Killarney||January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Sudbury and District Health Unit
Size: 49325.00 ha
Year established: 1964
Park Classification: Wilderness
960 Highway #637
What You'll Like:
- This iconic 645 square kilometre wilderness landscape showcases the wild Georgian Bay Coast of pink granite; the La Cloche Mountains’ white quartzite ridges and over 50 exceptionally clear, sapphire lakes set among Jack Pine hills.
- The area has long captivated artists including The Group of Seven’s A.Y. Jackson, Franklin Carmichael and A.J. Casson, so much so, that they persuaded the Ontario government to make it a park.
- Extensive backcountry canoeing and sea kayaking experiences.
- Outstanding hiking including the 80 km, looped, La Cloche-Silhouette Trail, as well as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter.
- George Lake campground, with access to beaches, trails, and canoeing.
- Yurt accommodation available year-round.
- Historic Village of Killarney, founded in 1820 as a fur trading post on Georgian Bay, 10 km from park and home of the famous Herbert Fisheries fish and chips.