2022 Operating Dates
To see 2023 operating dates please view full parks listing.
|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Sleeping Giant||January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022|
|Sleeping Giant||May 20, 2022 to October 11, 2022|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Thunder Bay District Health Unit
Size: 24400.00 ha
Year established: 1944
Park Classification: Natural Environment
What You'll Like:
- Breathtaking views of Lake Superior and the surrounding area are available from the Top of the Giant Trail and Thunder Bay Lookout
- Over 100 km of incredible hiking trails with many spectacular geological features such as the ‘Sea Lion’ and Tee Harbour
- Excellent wildlife viewing in the park’s boreal forest: deer, wolf, fox, lynx and over 200 bird species
- Full service cabins are available for rent year round
- Exhibits at the Visitor Centre explore the natural and cultural history of the Sibley Peninsula including a model of the Silver Islet Mine
- Excellent hiking and mountain biking on designated park trails
- Some of the best cross-country skiing in Ontario on 50 km of groomed skate and classic trails.