|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Missinaibi||May 12, 2023 to September 24, 2023|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Sudbury and District Health Unit
249-276-0023 (mid May to mid September) 705-864-3114 (Park Superintendent)
Size: 116110.00 ha
Year established: 1970
Park Classification: Waterway
190 Cherry Street
SocialPark Facebook Park Instagram
What You'll Like:
- A Canadian Heritage River, designated for its significant Indigenous, fur trade and logging cultural heritage, outstanding ecological and geological natural heritage, and wilderness recreation.
- A 500 km long provincial park, encompassing large lakes, scenic waterfalls and outstanding whitewater.
- A variety of unique camping experiences: Barclay Bay Campground on Missinaibi Lake; interior boat and canoe sites on Missinaibi Lake; backcountry canoe sites on hundreds of kilometers of Missinaibi River.
- In the heart of the Chapleau Crown Game Preserve, the world’s largest wildlife preserve
- Unparalleled fishing opportunities for Lake trout, Walleye, Northern Pike
- Over 100 Indigenous pictographs at the Fairy Point site on Missinaibi Lake.