|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Makobe-Grays River||May 12, 2023 to October 22, 2023|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Timiskaming Health Unit
Size: 1427.00 ha
Year established: 1985
Park Classification: Waterway
24 Finlayson Park Road
SocialPark Facebook Park Instagram
What You'll Like:
- The Makobe River is one of the wild whitewater rivers that flow from the headwaters contained in Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater Provincial Park.
- In the high water levels of spring and early summer, many of the numerous rapids may be run as Class I and ll by skilled whitewater paddlers, for a short but challenging trip.
- The Makobe River has cut a series of narrow canyons through shield bedrock as it flows northward from the height of land to the Montreal River.
- During summer, canoeing consists mainly of flatwater with some moving water, lining and numerous portages.
- This waterway park offers numerous small waterfalls, scenic ravines and fishing.