|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater||May 12, 2023 to October 22, 2023|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Timiskaming Health Unit
Size: 72400.00 ha
Year established: 1973
Park Classification: Wilderness
24 Finlayson Park Road
What You'll Like:
- Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater is a spectacular wilderness class park encompassing rugged topography, clear lakes, stunning waterfalls, and rushing rivers.
- Precambrian bedrock rises to a dome forming Ishpatina Ridge, the highest point in Ontario, and other scenic high points like Maple Mountain.
- As the headwaters for several rivers, Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater connects to four waterway class parks.
- Protects some of Temagami’s famous old growth White and Red pine ecosystems.
- Temagami’s backcountry parks provide a remote wilderness experience, protect over 100,000ha, and provide roughly 600km of interconnected canoe routes.
- Located in the heart of the Temagami region, Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater is connected to a 2400km canoeing network consisting of Parks, Conservation Reserves, and Crown lands.
- The region’s canoe routes traverse some of the most rugged landscapes in Northern Ontario – 4 of the province’s highest peaks are in Temagami’s backcountry parks.
- The area’s rich Indigenous heritage dates back at least 10,000 years, and canoeists travel on ancient portages or “nastawgan”.