2022 Operating Dates
To see 2023 operating dates please view full parks listing.
|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Quetico - Dawson Trail||May 20, 2022 to October 11, 2022|
|Quetico - Dawson Trail||January 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022|
|Quetico||January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Northwestern Health Unit
Size: 471942.00 ha
Year established: 1913
Park Classification: Wilderness
108 Saturn Ave.
SocialPark Facebook Quetico
What You'll Like:
- Quetico is an iconic wilderness class park renowned for its rugged beauty, towering rock cliffs, majestic waterfalls, virgin pine and spruce forests, picturesque rivers and lakes
- World famous destination for backcountry canoeing with over 2,000 lakes and 460,000 ha of remote wilderness. You can explore the heart of the park for two days or two weeks.
- Adjoins the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness of the Superior National Forest in Minnesota
- Quetico is recognized as an International Dark Sky Park by the International Dark Sky Association (IDA)
- Great family camping at the Dawson Trail Campground with facilities for all types of camping equipment and 35 km of hiking trails
- Incredible wildlife viewing and angling
- Summer Artist in Residence Program
- Year-round Rustic Cabin rentals at Dawson Trail campground
- Groomed winter cross-country ski trails
- John B Ridley Research Library located inside the Dawson Trail Heritage Pavillion
- Winter campground camping at the Dawson Trail Campground January-March
- Adjacent the southwest corner of Quetico is the Anishinabe community of Lac La Croix. The lac La Croix Park Entry Station, the gateway to many of the parks most beautiful lakes, is located here. This friendly small community is rich in culture. A traditional Pow Wow and other public events happen throughout the summer.