2022 Operating Dates
To see 2023 operating dates please view full parks listing.
|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.)||Opening and Closing|
|Wasaga Beach||April 1, 2022 to October 10, 2022|
|Wasaga Beach||December 9, 2022 to March 19, 2023|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
Size: 1844.30 ha
Year established: 1959
Park Classification: Recreational
11-22nd St. North
What You'll Like:
- Wasaga Beach is not only the longest freshwater beach in the world with 14 km of safe, sandy shore, but the sunsets are breathtaking.
- Wasaga Beach is the first provincial park in Canada to be awarded the “Blue Flag” designation under the international environmental standards. For more information, visit www.BlueFlag.ca
- This natural area of 6.8 hectares protects wildlife habitat and nesting shorebirds, including the Piping Plover, which is endangered.
- The Wasaga Beach Welcome Centre was officially opened in 2012 to commemorate the bicentennial of the War of 1812 and highlight the natural and cultural riches of the Wasaga Beach area. The Welcome Centre is the gateway to the Nancy Island Historic Site which features a museum, theatre, and a replica of a Great Lakes lighthouse.
- The Wasaga Nordic & Trail Centre (summer) - Starting points for over 50 km of hiking trails, including sections of the Ganaraska Trail.
- The Wasaga Nordic & Trail Centre (winter) - Enjoy cross-country skiing, skate skiing, and snowshoeing. Snacks, select merchandise, equipment rental service and lessons are offered.