|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Nagagamisis||May 19, 2023 to September 24, 2023|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Porcupine Health Unit
Size: 40683.00 ha
Year established: 1957
Park Classification: Natural Environment
PO BOX 670, 613 Front Street
What You'll Like:
- Anglers return year after year to this large secluded lake north of Hornepayne. They are drawn by the excellent fishing for Great Walleye, Northern Pike and Yellow Perch.
- Boat launch, fish cleaning station and fish smoker.
- Two great hiking trails and a playground!
- The lake’s name in Cree means “lake with fine, sandy shores” and is part of a significant Boreal Forest landscape.
- Excellent wildlife viewing and bird watching.
- Motorboat, canoe, kayak and bike rentals.
- A good jump-off point for challenging canoe routes on the Nagagami and Shekak Rivers.