Spectacular skiing and top-notch winter activities all across Ontario.
Winter offers many delights for visitors to Ontario Parks. The crowds are gone; the forest is hushed; the air is crisp and invigorating. Don’t hibernate! Get out and see what Ontario Parks have to offer. Many parks are open for day-use and some even offer overnight camping. Consider purchasing a Winter Daily Vehicle Permit if you will be visiting often.
- 31 Provincial Parks are open during the winter season. Services and facilities range from day use only to front and back country camping and roofed accommodation.
- 19 Ontario Parks offer cross-country ski trails with 450+ km of trails with about half groomed or track-set. Many have warm-up shelters and/or cabins with wood fires and even hot chocolate to warm you up!
- Cross-country ski rentals are available at Arrowhead, Killarney, Pinery, Wasaga Beach and Windy Lake.
- Snowshoe rentals are available at Algonquin, Arrowhead, Frontenac, Killarney, Pinery, Silent Lake, Wasaga Beach and Windy Lake.
- Skating is available at Algonquin (Mew Lake) and Pinery on large outdoor rinks. Unique skate trails along campground roads at MacGregor Point and Arrowhead (skate rentals available).
Ontario Parks’ new Ski Report will keep you updated on trail conditions. The report includes trail and snow conditions, distances and amenities in each park and also links to local weather reports.
Related Videos on