Learn to Camp
The Graduate program is designed for those who have completed the Learn to Camp overnight program, and want additional training and experience to help further build their camping skills!
Before you take this program, you should have a working knowledge of how to set up a tent and camping kitchen, as well as start a fire.
The program will review the camping basics and teach you:
- Tarping skills
- Campfire cooking
- Camping kitchen tricks
- Additional camping safety tips
Length of stay:
Participants can pick between a two or three night experience.
Check In Time
All Graduate program locations require participants to arrive at the park by 1:30 pm on the first day of programming, with the exception of Grundy Lake, which requires participants to arrive by 12:30 pm.
Failure to arrive on time and complete Graduate program sessions will mean you are required to attend the full Learn to Camp program (on day two of your visit) in order to receive your camping equipment. Equipment can only be distributed to those who attend training sessions for safety reasons.
What to bring:
Participants are responsible for food, bedding, personal items, and select kitchen items. Click here for a packing list.
What we provide:
- A detailed information package in advance of your visit
- All necessary camping equipment
- A campsite for up to 6 participants, including children *
- Parking for one vehicle on the campsite
- Scheduled learning sessions and family-friendly activities led by experienced staff
- Access to flush toilets, showers, and safe drinking water
- One bag of ice and firewood
- Time to enjoy park facilities
* exception made if group is comprised of a single family of parents and more than 4 children
Our overnight programs are held between June and August at the following locations:
- Bronte Creek Provincial Park
- Darlington Provincial Park
- Earl Rowe Provincial Park
- Emily Provincial Park
- Grundy Lake Provincial Park
- Sibbald Point Provincial Park
- Six Mile Lake Provincial Park
Need a ride? ParkBus offers routes from Toronto to Grundy Lake Provincial Park on select weekends in the summer so that you don’t have to miss out! Click here to visit ParkBus.
The cost to participate is per group. A group is up to 6 people, including children. *
- 3 nights/ 4 days $189.00 + HST
- 2 nights/ 3 days $149.00 + HST
Important to Note:
- Programs are offered in English
- Participants must attend all learning sessions to receive equipment
- Pets are not permitted at Graduate programs
- Programming runs in varying weather conditions
- Graduate program reservations are non-refundable