Ontario Parks is pleased to announce a new summer concert series with singer and songwriter Zach Oliver. The 19-show tour will kick off on July 19, this year’s Healthy Parks Healthy People Day celebration, and continue until the end of August.
We invite you to spend time outdoors and take in a great musical performance this summer!
Meet Zach Oliver
Zach Oliver is a 22-year-old British singer and songwriter, who has resided in Ontario for the past 15 years. He has been writing music since he was 10 years old and has some amazing achievements in the music industry.
Zach has toured alongside Canadian rock band The Philosopher Kings, performed at Canadian Music Week for the last 2 years, and has collaborated with several well-respected Canadian producers and songwriters.
Connections with Ontario Parks
Since the time Zach arrived in Canada at the age of nine, he’s enjoyed camping in northern Ontario every summer. “The joy and excitement of spending weekends away at Ontario Parks provides me with inspiration for many more songs and concerts to come,” says Zach.
Zach is very appreciative of Canadian family camping culture, and he wants to contribute by making camper’s experiences more memorable, whether it is a musical story, a guitar workshop or a new original tune.
As a part of the concert tour, Zach will be teaching an introductory guitar workshop before his evening performances. These workshops are designed for kids that have never played guitar before, but want to learn how to play their favourite tunes in a group setting.
Zach will have four junior guitars on hand for kids to use. If you have your own guitar, bring it with you and enjoy discovering the music outdoors!
Check out Zach’s music
Zach has been compared to artists like Ed Sheeran, John Mayer and Khalid. With a soulful and timeless voice, Zach draws inspiration from artists like Stevie Wonder and Amy Winehouse.
Zack now has 10 songs released on Spotify and Apple music. Check them out and join us at one of the live performances this summer.
No matter your taste in music, Zach’s performances will have a little something for everyone to enjoy.
Concert and workshop dates:
July (pre-concert guitar workshop at 4:00 pm, except July 30)
- July 19, 7:00 pm – Killarney Provincial Park
- July 22, 7:00 pm – Grundy Lake Provincial Park
- July 24, 7:00 pm – Killbear Provincial Park
- July 25, 7:00 pm – Algonquin Provincial Park
- July 28, 7:00 pm – Arrowhead Provincial Park
- July 30, 2:00 pm – Wasaga Beach Provincial Park
- July 30, 7:00 pm – Awenda Provincial Park
August (pre-concert guitar workshop at 4:00 pm)
- August 1, 7:00 pm – Bronte Creek Provincial Park
- August 8, 7:00 pm – MacGregor Point Provincial Park
- August 10, 7:00 pm – Pinery Provincial Park
- August 11, 7:00 pm – Port Burwell Provincial Park
- August 12, 7:00 pm – Turkey Point Provincial Park
- August 21, 7:00 pm – Balsam Lake Provincial Park
- August 22, 7:00 pm – Balsam Lake Provincial Park
- August 23, 7:00 pm – Sibbald Point Provincial Park
- August 24, 7:00 pm – Sibbald Point Provincial Park
- August 28, 7:00 pm – Presqu’ile Provincial Park
- August 29, 7:00 pm – Emily Provincial Park
- August 30, 7:00 pm – Sandbanks Provincial Park