In 2013 Ontario Parks is again proud to recognize Mountain Equipment Co-Op and Ontario Power Generation for their support of our ParkSmart Life Jacket Lending Program. Visitors to Ontario Parks enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches and waterfronts in Ontario. To ensure the safety of our visitors, lifejackets are available for a small refundable deposit in more than 65 parks. The goal of this program is to raise awareness of water safety and reduce the risk of drowning or injury related to water activities.
Please remember to wear your life jacket when participating in water activities!
Water Safety – It’s your responsibility
1) Parents must carefully supervise small children and non-swimmers. This means watching children every second they are in the water. Why not swim with them?
2) Parents, children are your responsibility. Supervise children and have them wear a lifejacket when near the water. Never leave a child alone, even for a moment. There are no lifeguards on our beaches.
3) Never swim alone. Adults and children should always swim with a buddy.
4) Learn to swim and learn prevention, water survival and rescue skills.
5) Wade out and swim in towards the shore.
6) Be responsible. Avoid alcohol when involved in water related recreational activities
7) On-shore winds are a must; offshore winds blow inflatables out into dangerous waters. Use inflatable rafts or toys in shallow water areas only.
8 ) Protect your neck. Never dive into shallow water from docks or shallow water.
9) If you suspect a drowning or any other type of water emergency, please contact the Park Office.