2022 Operating Dates
To see 2023 operating dates please view full parks listing.
|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.)||Opening and Closing|
|Pinery||January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Lambton Public Health
Size: 2532.19 ha
Year established: 1957
Park Classification: Natural Environment
9526 Lakeshore Road RR2
What You'll Like:
- A breathtakingly beautiful park with 10 km of sand beach on the shores of mighty Lake Huron.
- Extremely rare and fragile Oak Savanna and Coastal Dune Ecosystems with extraordinary biodiversity – over 800 vascular plants, over 300 bird species.
- Sunsets here are ranked by National Geographic as among the “Top 10 Best in the World”!
- Excellent year-round outdoor recreation in 21 square kilometres of rare forests and rolling dunes. Enjoy 10 walking trails, a 14 km bike trail and 38 kms of groomed ski trails.
- Rent a canoe, hydro bike, paddleboat or a single or double kayak to explore the Old Ausable Channel - a provincially significant wetland.
- Pinery has some of the best cross-country skiing in Southwestern Ontario. The 38 kilometres of trails form a series of loops, providing a variety of challenges for beginner and advanced skiers alike.