|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Neys||May 19, 2023 to October 10, 2023|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Thunder Bay District Health Unit
Size: 5475.00 ha
Year established: 1965
Park Classification: Natural Environment
P.O. Box 280, 1004 Hwy 17
Terrace Bay, ON
What You'll Like:
- Enjoy one the finest sand beaches on Lake Superior’s north shore.
- View a model of a former prisoner-of-war (POW) camp at the Visitor Centre and the actual remains of POW Camp 100.
- See Pic Island as it was immortalized on canvas by Lawren Harris of the famous Canadian painting team, The Group of Seven.
- Enjoy viewing sub-Arctic plants and a chance to see an elusive Woodland Caribou.
- For novice or experienced paddlers alike, take a cruise along the pristine Lake Superior shoreline and enjoy the park from a different view.
- Hike our trails and experience the many ecosystems, flora, fauna and geological formations that Neys has to offer.
- Hike the trails with your camera and photograph the newly emerging plant life.