Alerts and Advisories as of: September 29, 2022
There are no fire restrictions at this time.
Boil Water Advisory
There is no boil water advisory at this time.
- 2022 Camping Season - camping is not permitted at the campsites located within the area of French River Provincial Park that was affected by forest fire activity in 2018 (PAR033). This area includes campsite numbers 701, 710, 711, 712. Camping at these campsites or areas within the former fire perimeter is strictly prohibited for park users. This restriction will ensure the safety of park users due to the hazards presented as a result of the fire.
- All other areas of French River Provincial Park are open to the public.
- For more information on visiting French River Provincial Park Please contact 1-705-857-1630
NOTICE: High Bear Activity - Campsite Closure
A bear has been rummaging through campsites in French River’s backcountry. As a result the park has closed sites 672, 673, 674, and 675 to all camping and day use activities.
For more information please contact the French River Visitor Centre at 1-705-857-1630
Keep a clean campsite and make sure you store food and garbage properly so bears cannot access it.
* store food in a bear resistant location or container
* hang food and garbage at least four meters (13 feet) above the ground and three meters (10 feet) from tree limbs or trunks that can support a bear
* eliminate food odors from your campsite and wash dishes immediately after each meal
* burn any food scraps/fat drippings thoroughly in a hot fire