What is a work permit required for?
A work permit is required for the construction, expansion, alteration, or placement of any building, structure or thing; including road infrastructure.
How do I submit my application?
- Complete the Algonquin Cottage Lot Work Permit Application by clicking here.
- Submit the completed application and supporting documents, by email or in writing, to the Cottage Lot Program Team at email@example.com or Ontario Parks 1350 High Falls Rd. Bracebridge ON P1L 0L1.
Things to consider:
How will my work permit application be reviewed?
- Once a completed application is received, you will receive a confirmation email from us.
- A Lands Technician will be assigned to review your application.
- Review will start when all the required information is received. If further clarification is required, the review will not start until all requested items are received.
- We will contact you to set up a site visit during the review period. Site visits are normally conducted between May 1 and October 31.
- Review periods vary from 4 to 12 weeks depending on the time of year, scope of the project and site-specific conditions that require additional review.
- If the project is approved, a work permit will be issued.
- Read the permit carefully and make sure you can comply with all the conditions outlined.
- Keep a copy of the work permit at the site.
If you have any questions, please contact the Cottage Lot Program Team at 705-645-7436 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.