Seasonal and Full-time Career Opportunities - FAQ
The FAQ’s of Ontario Parks Employment Opportunities
- What forms of employment exist with Ontario Parks?
- Seasonal jobs may be recruited annually, which are at least 8 weeks in duration, but not more then 42 weeks. They usually take place between April and September.
- Full time jobs provide employees with employment year round For more information, visit the GoJobs website
- Contract positions are short-term and time limited, i.e. projects, temporarily filling of positions where the incumbent is away.
- The operating season differs from park to park. Some are open year round and others for only certain months, such as May to September. Also, the dates for day use and camping vary based on the services provided by the park. For opening and closing dates, visit the Ontario Parks website.
- Ontario Parks is a year-round operation, so opportunities always exist
- The hiring for seasonal jobs for the operating season typically begins in April, however opportunities are available throughout the year.
- No, Ontario Parks offers various positions for youth, students and adults of all ages. Seasonal positions vary from entry level to those requiring more specialized knowledge and experience.
- For more information about qualifications for types of seasonal positions offered by Ontario Parks visit the “Exploring Ontario Parks” section of this webpage.