Construction of the original Crooked Chute Cabin was completed in 1929. It served as a shelter for rangers covering the Petawawa log drive. It was replaced with a modified replica in 1997 using logs donated by the Shaw Lumber Co. of Pembroke and with the assistance of the Algonquin Forestry Authority.
We have made some modifications to how Roofed Accommodations will operate this season including priority for cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces. All reservation holders will be contacted and provided with additional information before their arrival date. Changes may include things like: modified check-in and check-out times and changes to amenities offered (e.g., kettles, dishes and linens) at some provincial parks.
Call 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275)
(or 1-519-826-5290 for outside of North America)