Today’s post comes from Katherine Muzyliwsky, a Natural Heritage Education Student at Neys Provincial Park.
Before Neys became a provincial park, it was known as Neys Camp 100. Instead of happy campers on vacation, the park held German prisoners of war during World War II.
After operating as a prisoner of war camp from 1941-1946, the buildings were dismantled in 1953. Since then, artifacts have showed up from discoveries in the park and from generous donations.
Continue reading Neys’ relics from the past
Today’s post was written by Jill Legault, Quetico Provincial Park‘s history buff and information specialist.
The ability to fly to otherwise inaccessible locations in Quetico Provincial Park revolutionized park operations in the 1930s.
Suddenly, winter supplies could be flown in to ranger cabins, poacher’s tracks could be seen from the air, forest fire management drastically improved, and American tourism increased.
Continue reading Bush planes in Quetico Provincial Park