In the past, you have likely noticed a lot of enhancements to our reservation service. Well, over the winter we’ve worked on some further improvements and are ready to share them with you.
Here’s a sneak peak at what’s new for 2013:
- Five more “backcountry” parks have been added to our on-line reservation service. Now you can book interior campsites on-line at Bon Echo, Charleston Lake,Frontenac, The Massasauga, and Murphys Point. This service also includes on-line maps and campsite pictures too!
- Our campsite availability grids (in Calendar View) have been improved so that they load up on your computer faster, and have an improved display.
- With mobile enhancements, you can now browse our reservation service using your mobile devices. Reservations for campground campsites can be reserved easily on the new devices, i.e. BlackBerrys, Smartphones, Androids, Tablets etc.
- New for Kawartha Highlands Provincial Park – you can now pre-register your camping party members and get your permit on-line.
- The “penny” is now eliminated for all of our cash transactions. We now have a system to round up or down to the nearest 5 cents.
Behind the scenes, there are some further improvements in 2013 that will help our staff process your camping or day-use registration faster and more efficiently:
- We can now print many types of day-use Park Permits through smaller receipt printers (using less paper). This will eliminate the use of serialized pre-printed cardboard permits at many parks, again producing less waste.
- The Integrated Credit Card processing system (with a PinPad) will be implemented system-wide to serve our customers better and speed up the registration process at campground offices.
- Improvements are made to our financial reporting system – leaving our staff with more time to meet face-to-face with our customers and less time balancing the books!