Tom Hanks and Sean Penn are both doing it. And rumour has it Paris Hilton is ready to try it, too. It’s “glamping”. Translation: glamorous camping. It’s trendy and it’s got people thinking, “That’s hot”.
Although we may not be offering the $4,000 excursions the celebs are experiencing, Ontario Parks can meet the needs of the not-so-rugged camper, too.
Quick Tips for the Ontario Parks Glamper
- When you need to escape the overcrowded urban scene, we have plenty of parks that can provide the secluded getaway you are looking for. Find out where “less” can mean “more” on our online park vacancy report, www.OntarioParks.com.
- If the idea of camping evokes thoughts of leaky tents and sleeping on rocks, book a yurt or cottage in one of our parks. Even glampers on a budget need a warm bed and dry accommodations.
- Not exactly a spa, but provincial parks in Ontario offer clean facilities and hot showers. You can achieve an “au natural” look while still maintaining the basics of good hygiene.
- Spend your days lounging on the beach. Ontario Parks has sandy beaches that rival ocean coastlines and Caribbean waters. With equipment rentals at your disposal, you can cruise around in a boat or take a leisurely paddle in a canoe.
- Gourmet foodies don’t have to resort to canned beans just because they’re outdoors. With more handy gadgets becoming available – like Coleman’s Heat ‘N Serve Slow Cooker or Road Trip Grill – you can whip up your favourite culinary cuisine with ease.
- Broadway is so passé. For arts and culture, Ontario Parks offer fantastic entertainment! From evening activities to interpretive tours, let us entertain you. Each park has a unique cultural history that will engage and inspire any arts connoisseur.
Relaxed, comfortable and enlightened. Whether you call it camping or glamping, we call it a fantastic getaway.