As of 00:01 hrs CST on August 16th, a RESTRICTED FIRE ZONE will be in effect for Zones 2 (WCPP), 3, 6, 7, 8, & 10 in the Northwest Region until further notice.
It is illegal to set a fire for any purpose within the affected area.
Failure to comply may lead to
1. Fine of up to $25,000
2. 3 months in jail
3. Financial responsibility for any costs incurred in fighting a forest fire
What does mean to you?
1. CAN NOT have campfires (even in outdoor fire grate, fire place or fire pit)
2. CAN NOT burn grass or woody debris
3. CAN NOT use burn barrels
4. CAN use a gas stove (1 metre away from any flammable material)
5. CAN use a gas stove (1 metre away from any flammable material)
6. CAN use a portable liquid fuel or gas stove that can be turned off easily by closing a valve or lid (1 metre away from any flammable material)
For more information visit - https://www.ontario.ca/page/outdoor-fire-restrictionsJuly 30th, 2018
Please ensure your safety. BE PREPARED. Fire activity and potential for new fire starts is high, the forest fire threat is real.
• stay off the CLOSED routes.
• have a means of communication
• keep situational awareness at all times and be aware of the potential for new fire starts and be prepared to end your trip early if fire threatens your safety.
• ensure someone knows the route you are taking
• SPOT – SOS is not an exit strategy, that is a last resort.
For the most current sizes and fire locations please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/forest-fires . Disclaimer - sizes associated with this map do not reflect current real time situations
Manitoba fire map - http://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/fire/Fire-Maps/fireview/fireview.html
Acting Park Superintendent,
Woodland Caribou Provincial Park
807-727-2835 – cell 807-728-2965