Alerts and Advisories as of: August 19, 2018
Please be advised that as of midnight on July 6th 2018, French River Provincial Park is in a Restricted Fire Zone due to the high risk for forest fires. Campfires and the use of charcoal BBQ's and hibachi's are not permitted at this time.
Propane and portable gas stoves are permitted as an alternative for cooking.
Boil Water Advisory
There is no boil water advisory at this time.
There is no beach posting at this time.
Beach Sampling Results
There are no beach testing sample results for this park at this time.
See listing of all beaches in provincial parks.
Effective August 17th, 2018, at 12:00pm the French River Visitor Centre will be returning to normal operations. For hours of operation and more information please contact 1-705-857-1630 or visit www.ontarioparks.com/frenchriver.
- Effective August 15th, 2018 at 6:00pm there is no access permitted within the fire perimeter located within French River Provincial Park. This area includes campsite numbers 130, 910, 911, 912, 913, 914, 915, 916, 917, 926, 925, 929. All travel to and from these campsites or areas within the fire perimeter are strictly prohibited for park users. This restriction will ensure the safety of fire operations still happening in the area, and the extreme hazards presented as a result of the fire.
- All other areas of French River Provincial are open to the public.
- For more information on visiting French River Provincial Park Please contact 1-705-857-1630 or visit www.ontarioparks.com/frenchriver
- For more information related to travel restrictions please contact the Parry Sound or Sudbury District MNRF offices.
- For a map of the restricted travel area please see the following website; http://www.affes.mnr.gov.on.ca/extranet/bulletin_Boards/province/PAR01.pdf
Please Note - French River provincial Park is still located in a Restricted Fire Zone. No open burning is permitted at any time. For more information on the restricted fire zone please visit;