Alexander Lake Forest Provincial Park is in a Restricted Fire Zone (RFZ) and continues to have a total fire ban.
In a Restricted Fire Zone (RFZ):
• A total ban on open fires remains in effect;
• Campfires are not permitted at any time;
• Charcoal barbeques or biomass units using natural burning fuels (i.e. sticks, twigs, pinecones, etc.) are not permitted;
• Candles of any type are not permitted;
• Portable outdoor living gas or propane fire pits or fire bowls manufactured for the intended purpose of outdoor ambience and recreational enjoyment that produce a flame are not permitted; and
• Portable gas/propane/naphtha stoves or barbeques that have a fuel source with a control valve may still be used.
The RFZ (and total fire ban) will remain in place until further notice and will be lifted as soon as conditions allow.