Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
By: Jenny Carter
- ½ package of vanilla cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tin of pineapple slices (400g)
- glace cherries (optional)
- custard or ice cream (optional)
- line pan with aluminum foil, enough to cover the bottom and sides
- open tin of pineapple and save juice. Place pineapples in bottom of pan (optional, place glace cherries in the pan)
- mix cake mix, egg and pineapple juice and mix in a bowl. Pour into pan
- cover and cook on the stove for 20-30min, until a knife comes out clean of mix.
- allow cake to cool
- turn pan upside down on a place and remove with foil
- serve with custard or ice cream
- A small narrow pan will give the best results. If the stove does not have fine temperature control use a baking rack on of the stove and place the pan on top to prevent burning.