Leave No Trace and Site Clean Up
It is important to follow the principle of “leave no trace”. This means we leave our campsite in the same or better condition than when we found it. Following this principle is important because:
- We lessen our effects on the environment when we leave no trace behind.
- The site is clean for the next visitor; no one wants to arrive to a dirty campsite, including you!
- You help Ontario Parks protect the natural environment.
Take the following simple steps to leave no trace on your campsite:
- Collect all garbage on the site. Once you are all packed up go over you site one more time and collect all the garbage you can find.
- Drop all garbage and recycling off at a campground garbage station.
- Ensure your campfire is out and the fire pit is free of garbage.
- Remove the permit from the post. Use the back of your permit to make comments and drop it off at the gate as you exit the park.
- Take only pictures / leave only footprints: don’t bring any plants, animals or other natural objects with you. Park regulations prohibit this.
- Do a final ‘walk around’ to ensure you have all your belongings before you leave.