The Camping Handyman
Here are a few essential camping tools to bring on your trip:
- Duct tape is an essential camping tool. It can be used to temporarily repair a tent pole, patch a hole in a canoe, and much more.
- Rope and bungee cords can be used to fix tent ties, create a clothesline, put up a tarp and much more.
- A sewing kit can be used to repair your sleeping bag, rips in clothing or other personal items. If you get a hole in your tent, do not sew it- patch it with duct tape or a tent repair patch- a stitch creates a water entry point.
- A hatchet for chopping kindling into finer pieces is handy.
- A screwdriver or multi-tool may come in handy for quick repair jobs.
Note: Do not hammer nails into trees. This can damage the tree.