Where to Find Job Postings & How to Apply
Information about youth employment in the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF), including Ontario Parks, can be found on the MNRF's Youth Programs website.
Check out the programs for high school, post-secondary and recent graduates. The duration, requirements, pay scales and types of jobs vary between each of the 8 programs offered.
Students provide service as:
- Gate Staff
- Store clerks
- General maintenance
- Natural Heritage Interpreters
Why not spend a summer at Ontario Parks providing administrative support, outdoor labour or even nature interpretation? Whatever the job may be, you can bet it will be a summer you won’t forget!
Interested in becoming a Park Warden? With over 150 operating parks there are many employment opportunities available across the province. Enforcement staff play a key role in protecting the natural and cultural resources found in Provincial Parks. At the same time they support positive visitor experiences through the delivery of high quality customer service programs.
Park Warden positions are seasonal contracts that generally revolve around the busy summer camping season (May–Oct). Contract lengths vary from park to park. Recruitment for seasonal contracts usually occurs in the late winter and into the the early spring. (Feb - April).
Mandatory qualifications include:
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Valid "G" driver's licence
- Ability to obtain a criminal background check (CPIC)
- Successful completion of warden training
How to Apply:
- Look at the Ontario Parks Locator Map and decide which parks you would like to apply to.
- Some Ontario Parks have staff accommodations, check here for a list of parks that may offer accommodations
- Resume and cover letter should be submitted in the following format:
- 1 document (Combined resume and cover letter)
- Saved as PDF
- Saved with File name: FirstName-LastName-ParkWarden
- In your application form clearly indicate which park(s) you’re interested in applying to.
- Submit your application using the recruitment contact form
- After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation email indicating that it has been received and forwarded to the parks indicated in your email message.
- Important Note: The warden recruitment form is for submitting applications only. Questions should be directed to specific parks to which you’ve applied. Park contact information is available on individual park webpages.
Ontario Public Service Careers Website
The official site for job postings within the Ontario Public Service, including some of those with Ontario Parks, is the GOjobs website.
On the GOjobs website, you can:
- View job postings from all ministries in the provincial government
- Review the application process and how to apply to specific jobs
- Learn about the many benefits of and what it’s like working for the Ontario Public Service.
Summer Student Employment Program Information